ASSOCIATE, CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP
KCETLink DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
FULL-TIME - EXEMPT
Under the direction of the Executive Director, Corporate Sponsorship, and with the goal of reducing KCETLink's expenses, the Associate, Corporate Sponsorship will develop in-kind trade on goods and services, and marketing partnerships, where applicable. The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to collaborate with various business units to determine sponsorship opportunities that are consistent with the organization's strategic direction. He or she will serve as the primary resource to the Corporate Sponsorship team on the creation of materials and revenue opportunities.
Along with the Executive Director, Corporate Sponsorship, the Associate will support the Corporate Sponsorship team, comprised of the Executive Director of Corporate Sponsorship, the Director of Corporate Sponsorship, Director of Research and the Manager of Corporate Sponsorship, on a multi-platform strategy and operations. The successful candidate will provide general administrative support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB - DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO:
• Develop trades on goods and services such as restaurants, event venues, etc.
• Collaborate with the Communications Department on marketing trades (cross-promotion).
• Manage phone and e-mail inquiries on trade partnerships.
• Handle all documentation for trades (trade authorization form, agreement, insertion order, etc.)
• Track trade fulfillment on spreadsheets which link to contract numbers - official record keeper of trade inventory owed to clients.
• Plan and manage coordination among the Corporate Sponsorship, Communications, and Finance teams and resolve questions and disparities on trade fulfillment issues on behalf of departments.
• Manage and track food trade usage from receipts turned in from individual departments; communicates with clients on disparities and clarifications.
• Manage Marketing tickets and events among Communications, Corporate Sponsorship, and Development departments.
• Create and distribute reports and materials as needed for the Executive Director and Corporate Sponsorship team.
• Assist Director, Research in preparing graphs/charts/spreadsheets for media kit and CD fulfillment.
• Attend special events as needed in Los Angeles and Orange County, etc.
• Handle other projects, as assigned.
• Review and apply audience research, including qualitative and quantitative data, to underwriting strategies, as needed.
• Manage communications related to corporate sponsorship for all audiences: members, major donors, online visitors, staff, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Support the Executive Director, Corporate Sponsorship on all aspects of the job.
• Assist Corporate Sponsorship team in processing on-air/online contracts and ticket giveaways for the station.
• Create and maintain Corporate Sponsorship new-hire orientation materials.
• Manage and update sales prospect database called ACT Database and contract log.
• Assist Corporate Sponsorship team with creation of presentation materials.
• Maintain department calendars, Corporate Sponsorships, web promotions, sweepstakes, e-communication and holiday/vacation time, tracking unsolicited calls regarding sponsorships.
• Provide support for department and cross-departmental projects.
• Create and implement annual sponsorship strategies, including: planning, initiating, evaluating and enhancing corporate partner programs, as follows:
o develops strategies for marketing underwriting opportunities to for-profit and not-for-profit organizations;
o Renews current underwriters while pursuing new sponsorship opportunities.
o Renews current underwriters for BBCWN; pursues and increases the corporate sponsorship revenue base.
JOB REQUIREMENTS DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO:
• Exercise independent judgment and coordination of projects/duties with minimal direction.
• Excellent organizational, written and spoken communication skills.
• Creative and imaginative, highly articulate and skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy, self-motivated and well organized with an eye for detail, able to work well in a team, handle pressure and deliver on deadlines.
• Understand creative requirements and interpretations using internal guidelines and in-depth knowledge of underwriting FCC regulations.
• Ability and willingness to interpret and enforce policy guidelines (Broadcast, Sales, Traffic, Financial).
• Confidence, presence, passion for excellence, and enthusiasm for a challenge.
• Significant experience using Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn other applications when needed.
• Sensitive to detail and deadlines in a multitasking environment and proactive approach to work/tasks.
• Enthusiasm for team environment and people oriented.
• Familiar with Team Approach, ProTrack, InDesign, ACT Database, Nielsen.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
• Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in communications, English, marketing, business or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of experience in fund-raising, event planning or related field and broadcast traffic systems.
• Strong command of words, fluency with the language, imaginative and persuasive style of expression, and awareness of commerce and popular culture, and knowledge of advertising techniques and new industry trends.
• Significant experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Previous experience supporting multiple people.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (PREFERRED):
• BA Degree
• Experience working in a non-profit and knowledge of public media is a plus.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
• The position is located in Burbank, with periodic travel to other locations. The successful candidate must have a valid drivers' license, car and sufficient car insurance to protect KCETLink.
Submit a resume to HR Director at HR@KCET.org.
"Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply." EOE Employer