Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Engineering & Operations, or his designee, the Broadcast Operations Engineer is responsible for broadcast operations in a broadcast environment, as well as, other engineering duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB (DESIGNATED AS UNION OR NON-JURISDICTIONAL):
- Duties include the management of automation systems for both recording and broadcast
- Perform duties associated with a Television Master Control Operation
- Assist in the management of all media
- Edit programs and promos as well as edit and "push" insert pieces into live programming
- Prepare and Operate Teleprompter (Non-Jurisdictional)
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS: THE DEMONSTRATED SKILLS & ABIITIES, AS FOLLOWS:
· Excellent computer skills
· Minimum three (3) years experience in a television environment.
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
· Attitude and self-motivation are extremely important.
· Certain aspects of this position require membership in IATSE Local 695.
JOB PREFERENCE: WILL MAKE THE APPLICANT MORE COMPETITIVE
- Post-secondary education in a Film and Television course preferred.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations. The specific duties and physical requirements are spelled out in the KCETLink Non-Exempt Job Analysis Questionnaire, to be read as a document integrated into this description.
KCETLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer: women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are an integral part of the workforce.