Under the direction of the Web Producer, supports KCETLink's broadcast and web initiatives through the creation of assigned web activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Home Page Editor:
• Creates show-related homepage slides daily
• Tags stories for the navslider
• Coordinates with different sections for promotional purposes (e.g., themed history months, editorial packages, holidays)
● Moderator comments, deletes spam
● Answers user questions about shows, registering, and contests
● Uses Google Analytics to keep track of FB/Twitter growth and traffic
● Updates KCET Social Media logins doc
● Compiles weekly reports of social media statistics in our on-going Google Spreadsheet
● Creates contests in Swag Blog
● Checks and responds to KCET Facebook messages/recent posts by others
● Promotes show-related content to Facebook and Twitter, sometimes pitches in posting online-original (non-TV-related) content
Shows Vertical Editor:
● Enhances all primetime episode pages using images/descriptions from APT, BBC, ESP, and independent sites, rewriting text for clarity and KCET house style
● Enhances all show pages with show descriptions, banner images (630 px wide)
● Enhances KCET Special pages with images/descriptions/banner image.
● Updates and enhances all genre pages weekly with short descriptions/images
● Creates show blocks for station holiday priorities
● Tags primetime show for promotions on Show and Schedule page
● Updates monthly schedule PDFs on Schedule page
● Assists Web Producer with editing/posting/organizing show web extras.
● Facilitates streaming TV content
● Organizes posts for Cinema Series (preview post, audio interview post, etc.)
● Pitches in for Link TV show page management as needed
• Two to three years of experience in web, multimedia preferred.
• Bachelor of Arts / Science in Journalism, Arts and Humanities, Communications or related fields, or equivalent experience.
• Prior experience with web content management platforms
• Writing lively, concise creative copy different from press releases or a text programmed for an audience other than KCET's (removing Britishisms, odd formatting, etc.)
• Light copyediting
• Basic Photoshop skills
• Taking the initiative on upcoming KCET programming
• Basic Twitter and Facebook skills
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
This position reports to the Web Producer, Digital. To apply, please submit a completed Job Posting Application to Human Resources.
"Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply." EEO Employer.