KCETLink's Human Resources department is responsible for directing the management, planning, organization, and execution of all Human Resources functions at the station.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Works closely with KCETLink's senior management to align and provide HR service, expertise, insight and solutions to advance KCETLink's mission, values, and business objectives
• Manages the day-to-day delivery of HR services to departments such as:
• recruiting for new and replacement positions, ensuring that all legal requirements are adhered to during the recruitment process;
• conducting new hire orientations to ensure that new employees are fully informed on company benefits, policies and procedures, safety training, and employee activities;
• executing all changes of status for all employees, including temporary, part-time, per diem, and union personnel;
• reporting under federal regulations for EEO
• administering KCETLink's Affirmative Action plan;
• assisting employees with KCET's benefits packages, leave policies, and workers' compensation claims;
• conducting exit interviews; and
• resolving employee grievances through mediating and individual coaching
• Works with KCETLink's Senior Management and departments to effectively design, implement, communicate, manage and enhance HR programs and initiatives, e.g., diversity initiatives, sexual harassment education/training, etc.
• Provides HR project leadership on significant business events within assigned departments such as department reorganization, employee training and development, and analytics with respect to future KCETLink staffing requirements
• Serves as a liaison between the HR department and other departments to ensure consistency in policy interpretation and application
• Spearheads and actively participates on employee committees and task forces, e.g., the Safety Committee
• Writes and evaluates job descriptions; recommends salaries for employment offers
• Conducts and participates in salary surveys
• Interprets and updates policies and makes modifications to the Employee Handbook as necessary
• Plans and executes employee events, e.g., Holiday Party, Health Fair, receptions, etc.
• Responsible for the accuracy and timely completion of all required reports (CPB report, FCC 395, NTIA grant, tax forms, etc.)
• Plans and implements departmental budget
• Monitors company-wide budgeted positions
A minimum of 7 years of progressive Human Resources experience with 8-10 years generalist experience with emphasis on employee relations. Bachelor degree in business, Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent combination of experience. Broad HR
knowledge and experience in key functional areas of staffing, compensation and employee relations. Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
Experience with non-profit organizations strongly preferred
Prior experience in a media / production environment preferred
Knowledge of HRIS environment preferred
Experience in a union environment helpful
Experience with implementation and operation of ADP payroll system
Demonstrated ability to develop effective consultative relationship with management
Demonstrated comfort interacting with all levels of staff within and outside KCETLink from individual contributors through senior executives; tact, diplomacy, objectivity, and confidentiality are absolutely required
Strong business acumen, teamwork and interpersonal skills are absolutely required
Must be able to work well under pressure, handle many projects simultaneously, and resolve problems quickly and effectively
Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing, in both formal and informal settings
Strong supervisory skills
Experience with employee relations aspect of merging two corporate cultures useful
Experience with employees in multiple locations useful
PHR/SPHR-CA designation helpful
The candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations. This position reports to Senior Vice President, General Counsel
Corporate and Legal Affairs.
"Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply."