KCETLink's Web Producer is a San Francisco-based position that supports broadcast, product, web and revenue initiatives through the creation and management of exciting, thoughtful, and user-focused experiences for its LinkTV.org website. The role requires a detail-oriented, project management minded producer able to drive strategic and product initiatives from conception to delivery. The producer should also be comfortable in fast-paced, editorial milieu, and will be required to make product and development decisions with minimal supervision.
This position reports to the VP of Digital (based in Burbank), and the Chief Digital Officer (based in San Francisco).
The successful candidate must have a minimum of three to five (3 - 5) years of experience in web, multimedia or interactive TV production, as well as three to five (3 - 5) years of experience in online project management.
KCETLink is the national independent public transmedia organization formed by the December 2012 merger of KCET and Link Media. A viewer-supported 501c (3) organization, its content is distributed nationally via satellite on DirecTV and DISH, in Southern and Central California via broadcast, as well as through various digital delivery systems. Together, the new KCETLink delivers high quality, culturally diverse programs to diverse audiences.
KCETLink currently reaches 33 million American homes through DISH Network and DIRECTV as well as 5.6 million cable TV households in Southern California.
Called "television without borders" by the late Peter Jennings, Link TV has been providing viewers with hard-hitting journalism, outstanding documentaries, and the best of world music videos and international cinema and television drama/comedy series.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
The successful candidate must have the demonstrated ability to:
- Oversee LinkTV.org website management, as well as the product roadmap for LinkTV.org
- Manage day-to-day interactions with outside vendors and developers servicing LinkTV.org
- Curate and manage the LinkTV.org video platform, and oversee the product roadmap for online video at KCETLink overall
- Manage syndication of LinkTV video assets to off-site platforms such as YouTube, Hulu and others
- Manage, encode and embed video as needed
- Manage video storage
- Work with the LinkTV.org broadcast support team on website maintenance and updates
- Support LinkTV shows including LinkAsia, Earth Focus, Global Spirit and other show specific pages
- Work with the KCETLink development team to manage LinkTV pledge integration on LinkTV.org; work with the sales team to manage LinkTV.org ad inventory
- Build and maintain special broadcast and editorial projects as needed
- Perform coding on LinkTV.org, including HTML coding
· Monitor metrics and report trends for sections under their direction Build and maintain LinkTV.org site areas: general updates, creation of new pages, as well as campaign-type initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as in journalism, mass communications, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience in web, multimedia or interactive TV production
- 3-5 years of experience in online project management
- Demonstrated experience conceiving, mapping and launching new web sites and micro-sites
- Demonstrated experience with web content management platforms
- Demonstrated experience with video content management
- Demonstrated experience with Final Cut Pro editing
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google Analytics and web metrics
- Excellent writing, editing and researching skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop and HTML
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, highly motivated and goal-oriented
- Familiarity with agile project management philosophy and practices
- Passion for global issues and understanding the larger world
- Experience in implementing social media strategies
- Experience in deploying Google ad words and other marketing techniques
- Experience in copywriting, headline writing and journalism a bonus
Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Submit a resume, a cover letter of 300 words or less, and examples of relevant published work to HR Coordinator at HR@KCET.org.
"Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply."