Title: PUBLICITY ASSOCIATE
Reports To: SR. MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS
Classification: FULL-TIME, NON Exempt
To provide daily publicity and marketing support for a variety of corporate communications duties for KCET, Link TV and KCETLink. Also, acts as secretary and event planner for Community Advisory Board (CAB) and has a big role in distribution of broadcast scheduling information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Works with Communications team and other key areas of the organization to help execute on strategies that promote KCET/Link TV content and advance KCETLink mission:
o writing, proofing and distributing press releases,
o maintaining and updating media databases,
o maintaining and updating online press area,
o researching and writing bi-weekly membership enews letter,
o supporting quarterly membership print newsletter as needed,
o developing pitches to select media,
o compiling press clippings;
o creating clip books and media metrics reports.
· Ensures timely distribution of television schedule information to program guides
· Organizes, trouble shoots and attends all CAB meetings:
o recording and transcribing minutes for quarterly sessions,
o liaising with vendors,
o addressing CAB member requests.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (OVERALL)
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Should have knowledge of social media platforms
· Should have some knowledge of content management systems
· Should have some knowledge of desktop publishing/design/production skills
· Ability to work under deadline pressure at fast pace and interact well with staff
· A positive attitude and self-motivation extremely important.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC)
· Proven ability to write clearly and concisely, with an understanding of AP style
· At least a bachelor's degree in journalism or communications
· At least one year in a professional office environment
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
KCETLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer: women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are an integral part of the workforce.