Title: SOCIAL MEDIA / COMMUNITY EDITOR
Department: CONTENT AND DEVELOPMENT
Reports To: DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL
Classification: EXEMPT FULL-TIME POSITION
The Social Media / Community Editor will strategize, coordinate and execute KCET and LinkTV promotion and content/brand engagement campaigns across social media.
The Social Media / Community Editor will work closely with the Content and Development Department and report to the Director of Digital.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Works with content producers, membership, digital marketing and project coordinators to develop and execute engagement strategies that promote KCET/LinkTV content and advance the KCETLink mission.
· Strategizes and updates Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms for KCETLink properties.
· Develops the right social media voice for KCETLink brands to encourage engagement with a wide variety of journalistic content.
· Tracks audience engagement across platforms and relates to campaign efforts and site/page analytics to optimize operations.
· Constantly reviews social media trends and technologies and helps keep producers and stakeholders informed as needed.
· Advises development and refinement of social media and community engagement opportunities on KCETLink platforms.
· Advises and strategizes around UGC campaigns.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (OVERALL)
· Superior knowledge of social media trends and tools beyond Facebook and Twitter
· Experience building online community / engagement through social networks
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· An understanding of engagement analytics' role in decision-making
JOB REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC)
· At least two years of experience managing social media, preferably for a content publisher or nonprofit
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
KCETLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer: women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are an integral part of the workforce.