KCET.org offers web extras for all of your favorite shows and original web content that is relevant to Southern California. Discover SoCal history, learn more about the rich culture found in your neighborhood, and keep up-to-date with environmental and political news in Los Angeles and the surrounding counties. Connect to local issues, find resources, and be part of the conversation with KCET.
Everything and anything related to KCET's broadcast content, including listings, web extras, recaps and previews.
- TV Talk: KCET's informational blog that provides updates on upcoming on-air shows/specials, show reviews/news, and insight on KCET television programming.
- Web Extras are KCET's lively guides to our weekly dramas. Miss an episode of Doc Martin? Curious about the Hollywood classic being aired in Classic Cool Theater? Our web extras have you covered!
KCET's award-winning series offers in-depth recaps of SoCal Connected episodes, exclusive multi-media features (like the news-making HACLA bonus database) and web features like "SoCal Rewind," a look back at over 2 decades of local news magazine segments from KCET.
A hyper-local web documentary series and digital literacy program about the people, places, issues and history of Los Angeles' neighborhoods, such as Highland Park, the L.A. River, Venice, and Chinatown.
- Field Guides Departures' popular guides continue with the Venice Guide. Through self-guided activities and tours, discover that Venice is more than just the boardwalk. Also includes the Los Angeles River and Highland Park field guides.
- Land of Sunshine is a blog dedicated to uncovering the rich diversity of Angelinos throughout time.
- Youth Voices a digital literacy program to engage students in multimedia production
A family of daily-updating blogs that focus on the news, commentary and issues affecting Southern California.
- SoCal Focus is a daily blog about the people, places and issues in and around Southern California featuring Ophelia Chong, Chris Clarke, Adolfo Guzman-Lopez, Erin Aubry Kaplan, Jessica Levinson, Nathan Masters, Susan Straight, D.J. Waldie, Holly Willis, and more.
- The Back Forty focuses on natural resources and wildlife in CA.
- Ballot Brief is your starting point for all things electoral. We go behind the headlines, helping you dig deeper with explainers, helpful guides, and data.
- Rewire tracks renewable energy in California.
Devoted to Southern California lifestyle, arts, culture and people.
- KCET Cinema Series houses photo galleries, film previews, Q&As with actors, directors, and producers and more related KCET's weekly previews of first-run independent and Hollywood films.
- Artbound is cultural journalism from all eleven counties in Southern California.
The SoCal way of life, from gardens to travel to food.
- Travel is a guide to the wonderful and interesting destinations of Southern California.
- Socal Wanderer explores our parks, and provides important news about policies, budgets, and closures.
- Food is a vibrant area dedicated to everything that affects your palate, including recipes, food blogs, food-related events and original series.
- Green Living Stay up on the latest green news, trends, and local efforts.
- Checklist Trying to figure out what you must see and do? Here's our checklist.
KCET's daily compendium of hundreds of local listings - readings, screenings, openings, ways to get involved in your community and more. Your time is precious, so our curated list of KCET-sponsored events and other happenings-around-town helps you make the most of it!
Brings together all of KCET.org's web video in one place - original web series like Departures, as well as web streams of KCET series such as SoCal Connected, Your Turn to Care, Rosemary and Thyme and more.
Get all the information you need so you don't miss your favorite shows.
Subscribe to our blogs, comments, video feeds and more.
Join conversations about your favorite shows as well as important issues impacting our community.
Share your thoughts and opinions on our site.
Participate in our community connecting with others interested in KCET and public media.
Find what you're looking for with greater ease.