KCET's 50-Year Legacy in Southern California Honored at Dinner
Burbank, Calif. - May 5, 2014 - In celebration of KCET's 50th anniversary, dedicated supporters, special guests and the KCETLink Board of Directors will gather for an annual fundraiser at award-winning Chef Thomas Keller's Bouchon Bistro in Beverly Hills on Monday, May 12, 2014.
"As we begin to celebrate our 50th anniversary, we're grateful to be able to commemorate our achievements and milestones with loyal supporters and friends at Thomas Keller's Bouchon once again," said Al Jerome, President and CEO of KCETLink.
Chef Keller and Bouchon's Chef de Cuisine David Hands have created an exceptional five-course menu that will be paired with wines from Chimney Rock Winery and Sanford Winery & Vineyards. Chimney Rock winemaker Elizabeth Vianna, featured on the public television series Vintage, along with Sanford's general manager and winemaker Steve Fennel, will share their wine expertise with the guests. Curated music by film and television composer Daniel Licht and vocalist Jessica Fichot along with a gifted trio, will also enhance the night's festivities.
Guests will also have the opportunity to participate in a live auction, conducted by Scot Levitt from Bonhams. A sampling of some of the luxury auction items include:
· An exclusive Bouchon Bistro dining experience in Napa Valley.
· Private wine experiences at Chimney Rock Winery in Napa Valley and Sanford Winery & Vineyards in Santa Barbara.
· An Audi sports car experience at Audi's exclusive Napa Valley racetrack.
· A dream vacation for two to Monte Carlo, Monaco - includes a four-night stay at the prestigious Fairmont Monte Carlo, with roundtrip helicopter transportation between Nice and Monte Carlo airports, sumptuous spa treatments and gourmet dining experiences. Courtesy of the Monaco Government Tourist and Convention Authority.
· An autographed copy of famed publisher Benedikt Taschen's limited edition book set, National Geographic: Around the World in 100 years, which includes a private behind the scenes tour of National Geographic's archives in Washington D.C. and first-class airfare provided by Alaska Airlines.
Generous event sponsors include: Audi, Gordon and Lucie Bava, Richard Cook, Debra and Channing Johnson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Loeb & Loeb, Ron Lushing, Mary L. Naff, Helen Pekny, Sid and Lorraine Sheinberg, Joyce White, David and Claudia Zuercher, BNSF Railway, Margaret Black and John Ptak, Lynda and Stewart Resnick, Don Buder and Cheryl Vohland, CARS, Inc., Danny Glover, Michele and Al Jerome, William H. Kobin, John Sotoodeh and Wells Fargo.
KCETLink is the national independent public transmedia organization formed by the merger between KCET and Link Media. A viewer-supported 501c(3) organization, its content is distributed nationally via satellite on DirecTV (375) and DISH Network (9410), in Southern and Central California via broadcast, as well as through various digital delivery systems. The combined organization reaches a wide audience that includes Link TV's 33 million satellite subscribers and KCET's 5.6 million households in Southern and Central California. As new technologies continue to make dramatic changes to the media landscape, KCETLink is committed to driving public media innovation with smarter ways to access content that engages all audiences. For additional information about KCET and Link TV productions, web-exclusive content and programming schedules, please visit kcet.org or linktv.org.