Olvera Street celebrates the Day of the Dead with a series of activities, performances and rituals.
- Children's workshops will be held Oct. 24-26 and Nov. 1-2, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The workshops will include mask and necklace making and explore the history of Dia de los Muertos.
- Family activities and entertainment will be presented from noon to 6 p.m. Oct. 27-28 and Nov. 3-4.
- Candlelight Novenario processions will be held nightly from Oct. 25-Nov. 2 beginning at 7 p.m. on Olvera Street.
- Community altars (las ofrendas) will be on display in the plaza Oct. 26-Nov. 4.
- The art exhibition Sacred Memories: Contemporary and Cross Cultural Expressions of Day of the Dead will be on display in the Pico House from Oct. 21-Nov. 18, 10 a.m. -3 p.m. (Saturday through Wednesday).