Los Angeles transportation officials today announced a program to transform under-utilized city streets with plazas, parklets, and bicycle corrals.
The city Department of Transportation will host a series of meetings through February on the People St program, and community groups can submit proposals for potential street selections from March 3 to April 30.
"People St will foster a greater sense of community making streets more active and inviting places," Transportation Department General Manager Jon Kirk Mukri said.
The informational meetings will take place:
- Jan. 27, 5:30 p.m., at Marvin Braude Center, 6262 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys;
- Jan. 30, 6 p.m., at POLA High School, 250 W. Fifth St., San Pedro;
- Feb. 3, 5:30 p.m., at Caltrans Building, 100 S. Main St., downtown Los Angeles;
- Feb. 4, 6 p.m., at Los Angeles Department of Transportation district office, 6501 Fountain Ave., Hollywood; and
- Feb. 24, 6 p.m., at Mar Vista Library, 12006 Venice Blvd.