Saturday, Sept. 15, at 8 p.m.
Now that mariachi music is heard everywhere, it's hard to imagine a time when it was next to unknown in the U.S. Nati Cano and his Camperos played a major role in its mushrooming popularity. This story is told from his beginning in Mexico through his establishment of L.A.'s La Fonda Restaurant, collaboration with Linda Ronstadt and massively popular touring show Fiesta Navidad. Mariachi Folklor Pasión Mexicana, Mariachi Tesoro de San Fernando and, of course, Los Camperos, portray the life of this charismatic musician.
See videos of the featured performers:
- Los Camperos de Nati Cano perform "Popurri"
- Mariachi Tesoro de San Fernando playing in the Albuquerque Showcase
- Mariachi Tesoro de San Fernando perform "Hay Unos Ojos"
- Folor Pasion Mexicana dancing to "Fiesta Mexicana"
- Nati Cano on what makes a good mariachi
- Mariachi Los Compreros de Nati Cano
- Nati Cano performing "Mexico Lindo y Querido"
TrackBack URL: http://www.kcet.org/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/15246