In P. Allen Smith's first Garden to Table episode, he's throwing a pizza party. This episode showcases several recipes, including a delicious Greek salad, an easy way to make pizza dough and a fresh strawberry sorbeto. Allen creates a fun tablescape using interesting items from the garden. Also, Allen gives tips on what herbs can be planted together and taken straight from Garden to Table.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
5 large, ripe tomatoes cut into 1/3-inch thick rounds
1 small, red onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces feta cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 cup Kalamata olives
- Arrange the tomato slices on a large platter.
- Spread the onion slices over the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil into the vinegar, whisking as you pour. Sprinkle this over the tomatoes and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese, olives and parsley.
In his new series, acclaimed lifestyle expert and garden designer P. Allen Smith offers exciting ways to combine the gardening and dining experience.