In P. Allen Smith's first Garden to Table episode, he's throwing a pizza party. This episode showcases several recipes, including a delicious Greek salad, an easy way to make pizza dough and a fresh strawberry sorbeto. Allen creates a fun tablescape using interesting items from the garden. Also, Allen gives tips on what herbs can be planted together and taken straight from Garden to Table.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
5 large, ripe tomatoes cut into 1/3-inch thick rounds
1 small, red onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces feta cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 cup Kalamata olives
- Arrange the tomato slices on a large platter.
- Spread the onion slices over the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil into the vinegar, whisking as you pour. Sprinkle this over the tomatoes and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese, olives and parsley.