Chairman and CEO of Kimco Staffing Services Kim Megonigal has these tips to offer anyone looking for work.
- Network like crazy!
- Customize your resume and cover letter.
- Re-post your resume every 30 days.
- Get a professional E-mail address.
- Remember: employers check out Facebook and MySpace.
- Make sure your outgoing cell phone message is job-appropriate.
- Establish and expand your LinkedIn profile. Join relevant LinkedIn groups.
- Stay in touch with your references. Verify their contact info is up to date.
- Set up an auto-search on indeed.com to receive the latest postings.
- Always have an "interview outfit" ready to go at a moment’s notice. Stay well-groomed even if you’re not working.
And a bonus tip...
Stay positive and motivated. Looking for a job is a full-time job and you might even have to work overtime!