The cleverest among us would have taken advantage of the long Memorial Day weekend, but if doing so means that you missed last Saturday's presentation of "Classic Cool Theater," you're in luck: it's all online here at KCET.org. There's the 1951 Van Johnson war film, "Go For Broke!" as well as the cartoon, the musical number and the vintage news reel -- and it's available now on KCET's video channel.
- To watch the whole feature-length presentation, click here.
- To watch this week's cartoon, a Superman serial titled "Jungle Drums," click here.
- To watch this week's musical number, Peggy Lee performing "Why Don't You Do Right?" with the Benny Goodman Orchestra, click here.
- To watch a newsreel of the real-life events World War II events, click here.
- And finally, for some background on "Go For Broke!" -- and to find out what L.A. was like when this film hit theaters so many years ago -- click here and read this week's "Classic, Cool Context" article.
TrackBack URL: http://www.kcet.org/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/13809