We'd love to hear your stories about some of the themes and issues we'll be dealing with in Episode 3 of Your Turn to Care, "Ask." Below are a series of questions that some of the families we have profiled are facing. If you're dealing with a situation like one of these, let us know in comments and we may use your story on air or online. You can also visit our Connect page to find other ways to share your story.
Assisted Living Facility
- Are you shopping for an assisted living facility?
- What cultural boundaries did you have to overcome to make your decision to place a loved one in a facility?
- Once in an assisted living facility, how did your aging senior adjust?
- Were you prepared for the financial realities of the various professional caregiving options?
Consulting with a Gerontologist and Lawyer
- Who did you consult with to find a good place for your aging family member?
- Did you work with a care manager to help you navigate the world of professional caregivers?