Starting today, KCET.org is inviting book lovers throughout Southern California to join us in a literary experiment: the KCET Online Book Club. Much of our on-air programming and community initiatives have strong literary roots. We want to bring those interconnected strands together in a new area where you can to talk with one another (and us) about the books you love.
The Online Book Club works like this:
- We pick a book
- We build a place on our site for you to talk about the book
- We provide additional resources related to the book to help round out the conversation
- You share your passions, opinions and reactions!
The first installment of the KCET Online Book Club will coincide with Masterpiece Classic's January 24th premiere of a new, three-part interpretation of Jane Austen's Emma. (You can buy a copy of Emma here, helping to support KCET in the process).
Every Friday before one of the three Emma episodes, we'll be convening here in the KCET Online Book Club to discuss a portion of the book. Fortunately, Emma itself breaks down into three neat volumes, allowing for a very tidy reading schedule:
- Volume 1 of Emma should be read by January 22, 2008, just before Episode 1 airs on January 24th
- Volume 2 of Emma should be read by January 29, 2010, just before Episode 2 airs on January 31st
- Volume 3 of Emma should be read by February 5, 2010, just before Episode 3 airs on February 7th
So get your copy of Emma and keep an eye out for updates here at the KCET Book Club. And by the way, don't forget to introduce yourself in the comments below! KCET is called Community Television of Southern California for a reason.
TrackBack URL: http://www.kcet.org/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/2505