News and stories on the shifting culture of our neighborhoods:
- Former Japanese-American internees get a peek at new memorial in Venice - Yo Venice
- Teaching the Cambodian genocide to a new generation, with Prach Ly (video) - SCPR, more on L.A. Letters
- "Living street" planned for York Boulevard - LA Streetsblog
- Congressman Advocates for Making the L.A. River a True Urban Waterway - Los Feliz Ledger
- "People's Guide to Los Angeles" is a guidebook for the 99% - LA Weekly
Top: Unveiling of the Venice Japanese-American Memorial Marker, April 25, 2012. Photo by Yo Venice! used under Creative Commons.
Departures is KCET's oral history and interactive documentary project exploring neighborhoods through voices in the community, touching on topics including immigration, race, gentrification, urban planning and environmental issues. Learn how you can improve L.A.'s food system with Good Food: Changing Course
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr.
- A Los Angeles Primer
- Arrival Stories
- Block by Block
- Engaging Spaces
- Green Justice
- I Am Los Angeles