Update: The contest has closed. However, we are still collecting your Punk Rock/New Wave stories. We will periodically be featuring them as part of our Community Initiatives. So keep them coming!
Hear the stories we have so far here.
Tell us your story about Punk Rock or New Wave for a chance to win one of three signed editions of "The Beautiful and the Damned: Punk Photographs by Ann Summa". Ann Summa, photojournalist, who we interviewed for Departures: Chinatown, will also give to one winner an original print of Pat and Alice Bag, from The Bags shot at the Hong Kong Café in 1979.
Ann Summa will personally select the three winning stories, one of which will receive her signed print in addition to the book. Winners will be announced the following Friday.
DON'T HAVE A GOOD STORY?
Sure you do!
Here's some ideas to get the ball rolling:
- Oi! Hardcore, Psychobilly, and Crass, what's your punk rock of choice?
- I totally fell hard for... I had posters all over my walls and my locker door of...
- What does it mean to be punk rock today?
- What's up with Latinos and Morrissey?
- Not all punks are rockers... What's a punk moment for you?
- I used to do my hair with food coloring and eggs... What did you wear?
- Do not upload content - photos and video - that you do not own.
- KCET employees are not eligible, nor are members of their families.
- If you have questions about this contest, leave them in the comments field below.