Walking along the banks of the River is a lovely way to see a neighborhood, meet some fellow Angelinos or tourists, observe some bird life, walk your dog or just find some peace and quiet.
Come explore the over two dozen walks that we have described, mapped and detailed. It is a great way to get to know your historic LA River...and get some exercise.
*The text for the walks has been excerpted from the book, Down by the Los Angeles River, by Joe Linton, and revised in 2010.
- Tujunga Wash Greenway
- Sepulveda Basin - Upstream of Balboa
- Dominguez Gap
- Rattlesnake Park, Elysian Valley
- South Atwater Village
- Atwater Riverwalk
- Ernie's Walk, Sherman Oaks
- Cornfields and Chinatown
- Sherman Oaks Village Gardens
- Bette Davis Picnic Area, Griffith Park
- Egret Park, Elysian Valley
- Estuary at Willow Street
- Maywood Riverfront Park
- Lower Arroyo Seco Nature Park
- Whittier Narrows Dam
- River's Mouth
- Los Feliz, North Atwater
- Studio City
- Sepulveda Basin - Downstream of Balboa
- Sepulveda Basin Wildlife Reserve