News and stories on the shifting culture of our neighborhoods:
- Dodgers may be cursed by the ghosts of Chavez Ravine - NY Times
- The Fight to Save Little Tokyo - The Atlantic Cities
- San Gabriel Mountains slowly recovering from Station Fire - L.A. Times
- L.A. State Historic Park brings nature to the city - Daily Trojan
- Later this month: the Great Los Angeles River Cleanup - NBC LA
Top: Dodger fans wait in their cars for gates to open on stadium opening day, 1962. Courtesy of the Los Angeles Public Library.Departures is KCET's oral history and interactive documentary project exploring neighborhoods through voices in the community, touching on topics including immigration, race, gentrification, urban planning and environmental issues. You can explore your neighborhood with our useful Field Guides
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr.