Departures: Venice StoryShare
Sunday, September 12
11:00 - 5:00
SPARC (685 Venice Blvd.) - Learn more about SPARC
Presented by KCET Television
In partnership with SPARC, 826LA, Venice Arts, Venice Media District and Venice Historical Society
WHAT IS STORYSHARE?
Departures StoryShare is a one-day community event aimed at capturing the stories of individuals from a neighborhood. These stories are intended to fill the in-between space of the professional, hand-picked interviews that are featured in each Departures installment, and to add to the authenticity of the neighborhood's story. Each event is produced by KCET and a host of community partners from the neighborhood.
Stories will be recorded primarily in audio. We welcome you to bring your photos with you to the event and we'll help you scan them in to make a slideshow of your story.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT AT A STORYSHARE EVENT?
A team of volunteers from KCET and our partners will guide you through the process from entry at the event to your interview to where to find your story when it's finished. We'll walk you through the Departures project, help you think of some things to talk about in your interview (if you need it) and then help you record your story. We'll allow around 30 minutes for you to get settled in the interview booth and then record your story. You can record several stories if you'd like, but we will try to keep each one around 3-5 minutes.
Once recorded, your story will be edited and archived on the KCET Departures Community website.
- What defines Venice for you?
- How would you memorialize your neighborhood?
- If you had only one wish for Venice, what would it be?
- How much of where you live defines you?
- How did you end up in Venice?
- If you could change something about your neighborhood, what would it be?
- What histories do you remember?
- What stories do you have to tell?
- What things MUST you do/eat/see in Venice?
- What should you NOT do in Venice?
- What does Venice feel like / smell like?
- What are you most proud of in your neighborhood?
- What is your earliest memory of Venice?
CAN'T ATTEND AN EVENT?
You can upload your own stories any time using our upload tool here.
- A Los Angeles Primer
- Arrival Stories
- Block by Block
- Engaging Spaces
- Green Justice
- I Am Los Angeles