"Frances Moreno is a hero, leader, businesswoman, & philanthropist in her local community. She is an inspiring leader who's transformed the workplace by pioneering a new model for work/life balance; a successful businesswoman who's contributed to the employment market in L.A.; a tireless community leader who's worked to help foster children find permanent families; & a caring wife and mother of three, including a young daughter with special needs." - Deborah Jones, Vice President, Strategies,Nominator
2014 Hispanic Heritage Month Local Heroes nominee
- Founder and managing partner of Vaco Los Angeles, a specialized placement firm for accounting, finance and technology professionals which has helped over 4,000 people find employment. Is the only Latina recruiter and business owner with a Big 4 CPA license in Los Angeles
- Began her career as a CPA in a top global accounting firm & worked in international business, travelling 80% of the time. When she started a family, sought to balance her career and parenthood. Started Vaco Los Angeles to build a company that enables a work/life balance not only for herself but for her staff and the consultants and candidates she places.
- Vaco promotes flexible work hours, part-time and full-time positions, telecommuting opportunities, employee autonomy and a supportive work environment. Company consistently named as one of the "Top Places to Work in Los Angeles" list published by the Los Angeles Business Journal and Best Companies Group - company named as the #1 Best Place to Work in L.A. for three of the last five years (and in the top ten the other two years).
- A Latina entrepreneur whose firm employs several Spanish bi-lingual recruiters and seeks to help Latino job seekers in the business community by helping build their resumes and giving free job search and interview advice to candidates.
- Board of trustee member, audit committee chair, and development committee chair for Kidsave, which finds families for older orphans and foster children in the U.S. and worldwide. Also a Board Member of Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles and an exhibitor and sponsor at the L.A. "Girltopia" convention to raise funds for Girl Scouts.
- Awards include 2014 National Gold Stevie Award for Company of the Year; finalist for both the 2014 Latino Business Award and 2014 Latina Business Awards ; 2014 & 2012 Women Making a Difference Award finalist; 2013 Latino Business Award; 2012 National Gold Stevie Award for Employer of the Year in the Women in Business Awards; and named as one of the 2012 CalCPA Women to Watch.