Meet Beverly Rimer, a 2014 Jewish American Heritage Month nominee
Title: Volunteer Instructor
Organization/Business: Jewish Home for the Aging
"Beverly has given of herself to seniors and the elderly for 30 years! The people at the Jewish Home that she helps are blind, disabled, lonely. Beverly is shy and her wonderful contribution to the lives of others goes unnoticed." L.A. City Councilmember Bob Blumenfield
- An avid artist for over 50 years.
- A volunteer at the Jewish Home for the Aging (JHA) for over 25 years.
- Began volunteering at JHA by taking people shopping and keeping them company; decided to share her love of painting with the residents and to renew their sense of accomplishment.
- Teaches and inspires the seniors to paint, even when they are too ill to leave their rooms or have lost their eyesight, Beverly encourages them to participate.
- Has impacted the lives of seniors and the disabled for the past 30 years.