Organization/Business: Richard Marias, DMD (Private Practice Dentist)
"Dr. Marias has been a volunteer dentist helping disadvantaged children and adults for over 15 years in various nonprofit settings." Dale Morimitzu Gorman, Executive Director, Kid's Community Dental Clinic
- A regular volunteer for over 15 years at the Kids Community Dental Clinic of Burbank, which provides dental treatments for low income children. Became the Chairman of the Board in 2013.
- Has inspired many new dentists to join Kids Community Dental Clinic and has supported the growth of the Clinic over the past 5 years to impact about 8,000 children each year.
- Volunteers through his Temple and joins others to volunteer at the Los Angeles based RAM and annual LA Cares Dental expos at the Los Angeles Coliseum.
- Volunteers regularly for MEND (Meet Each Need with Dignity) and recipient of their 2006 Dental Program Volunteer of the Year and 1998 Volunteer of the Year awards.
- Recipient of the 2007 President's Volunteer Service Award, given by the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation in conjunction with the Corporation for Community Service and USA Freedom Corps.
- A longstanding member of Kiwanis, recipient of 2013 Kiwanis Legion of Honor, Burbank Kiwanis.