Meet Rosana Chermisqui, a 2014 Jewish American Heritage Month nominee
Organization/Business: RC Mediation
"Rosana enjoys helping people to move on with and to improve the quality of their lives. Her valuable fluency in Spanish and Portuguese has helped people the courts might otherwise not been able to serve. She has extensive knowledge in the travel industry and is focusing on creating memorable trips all around the world for women who want to travel together." Miryam Jannol, President, Workplace Literacy Assoicates (nominator)
- Formerly an entrepreneur of a successful travel company, decided to become a mediator working in the Los Angeles area.
- Winner of the 2011 Los Angeles Superior Court ADR Volunteer of the Year Award
- Winner of the 2010 County of Los Angeles Dispute Resolution Providers, Ester Soriano Peacemaker award.
- Since 2007 has won seven awards in L.A. for her alternative dispute resolution skills from the city, county and Bar Association.
- Has acted as a mentor for new mediators
- Has been observed by student mediators from UCLA Law School, Pepperdine Law School Straus Institute and Cal State Dominguez Hills.