"Rick is a great leader, supporter and promoter of excellence and dedication and uses his personal time for fundraising and philanthropy." Adela Jimenez, Southern California Gas Company .
2014 LGBT Pride Month Local Heroes nominee
Richard D. Hobbs
- Director of Supply Management and Supplier Diversity for Southern California Gas Company. For Supplier Diversity responsible for increasing procurement with minority, women and service disabled veteran owned businesses in all aspects of utility and corporate operations. Focus of his job is diversity and inclusion.
- 31 year veteran of SoCalGas, holding positions of increasing responsibility in marketing, public affairs, strategic planning, customer service, energy efficiency program portfolio management and distribution operations.
- Avidly interested in architectural preservation and adaptive reuse construction technologies and techniques. Founding member of the Long Beach Heritage Foundation; member of the Los Angeles Conservancy; and the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Lives in a historic home in the Hollywood Hills with his spouse.
- One of 18,000 same-sex couples who legally married in California in 2008. Said"our decision to take this step after almost twenty years together as domestic partners was to demonstrate the importance of equality and inclusion to the youngest members of our family as well as LGBT community youth."
- In 2013 received the Greater Los Angeles African American Chamber of Commerce (GLAAACC's) Small Business Advocate Award