ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A TRIP FOR TWO TO MAUI, HAWAII
NO DONATION OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A DONATION OR PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of California who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and Board Members of KCETLink ("Sponsor") and of companies donating any prizes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, Board Member or donating companies are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final.
- Online: Go to www.kcet.org/maui and follow the links and instructions for making an online donation and you will automatically receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Online donations must be submitted no earlier than 12:00 am PST on June 18, 2013, and no later than 6:00 pm PST on July 18, 2013. If you do not wish to make a donation you may enter the Sweepstakes by mailing a 3x5 card with your name, address and day and evening telephone numbers to: KCETLink's "Maui, Hawaii" Sweepstakes Headquarters, Membership Department, 2900 West Alameda Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than 6:00 pm PST on July 15, 2013, and received no later than the close of business on 6:00 p.m. PST on July 18, 2013.
- All Entries: Entries not in compliance with these Official Rules shall be null and void. Limit three (3) entries per household by any method or combination of methods of entry. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Selection of Potential Winners: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be determined on or about July 30, 2013, by random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
- Roundtrip air for two, Coach Class - Los Angeles, CA (LAX) to Maui, HI (airline to be determined)
- Five (5) Nights accommodations at The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui - Deluxe Ocean View Suite, including a Daily Deluxe Breakfast for two
- Six (6) Days Hertz Car Rental, Mid-size
- Six (6) Days Parking at The Parking Spot, LAX
Prize has an expiration date of May 31, 2014 and travel is valid through that date. Hotel Reservations must be made thirty (30) days in advance of travel and are not interchangeable between hotels. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, and not redeemable for cash and may not be sold. Travel over holidays and other peak travel periods is restricted. Airline fuel surcharge plus all airline taxes (Federal Excise & Hawaii taxes), optional insurance and any upgrades are the responsibility of the Winner. The Prize Winner is responsible for paying any applicable taxes, resort fees, parking fees, room service charges and any other incidentals, taxes or fees assessed directly by the hotel, and/or not directly specified above. Travel is subject to availability and some restrictions may apply. Extensions to the Prize cannot be given. A $250 change fee applies to all changes once the itinerary is confirmed; a $200 fee will be charged for all cancellations.
The following blackout dates apply: Holiday periods and Holiday weekends. Winner will be advised of specific dates upon booking.
Prize does NOT include:
- Domestic transportation from Winner's home to LAX or any applicable federal taxes, gratuities, spending money, or expenses for items of a personal nature, travel insurance, passport or other travel documents.
- All expenses and travel costs not expressly included above, including but not limited to, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes, meals (other than those included in Paragraph 1 above), beverages, room service, entertainment, merchandise, souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls, gratuities, applicable taxes, incidentals, and all other expenses not expressly mentioned above as included in the Prize description are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his/her travel companion. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the Prize.
Market Value of the Prize is approximately $8,000.00 - $9,000.00 depending on the travel dates.
Prizes are subject to all restrictions and exclusions of the Prize donors. All expenses and costs not expressly identified as being included are solely the winners' responsibility.
Prizes are nontransferable and non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if any prize (or component thereof) is not available for any reason including, but not limited to, political unrest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All applicable taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the winners. All federal, state and local laws apply.
Notification of Potential Winners: Potential winners will be notified by email, mail or by phone, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release within 15 days of notification. Any winner who fails to comply within said 15-day period or who cannot be located either by phone or registered mail within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact him/her will forfeit the prize. All unclaimed and forfeited prizes shall not be awarded.
General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes.
Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering a Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California.
Winners List: To receive winner info, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your request to KCETLink's Maui, Hawaii Sweepstakes Winners, 2900 West Alameda Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505. The Prize winner will be announced after July 30, 2013.