A big picture look at the region:
- Foreclosure of a property could spell the end of the Dallas Cowboys training camp in Oxnard. The Ventura County Star has been keeping tabs on the latest developments.
- Los Angeles Times columnist Jim Newton gives some great insight into L.A.'s redistricting process.
- Interesting stat: "Nearly 1,700 tickets -- or 11 percent of all city speeding citations -- were written in one well-patrolled zone," finds San Diego Union-Tribune watchdog Matt Clark.
- "Lancaster has more blocks with a 'substantial' mix -- meaning that at least a quarter of the residents are white and a quarter are black -- than any neighborhood in the city of Los Angeles, or any other city in the county," finds a Los Angeles Times analysis.
- While fracking is planned for areas statewide, including Los Angeles and Santa Barbara counties, two sites on federal land in Fresno and Monterey counties are facing opposition from environmental groups, according to California Watch.
TrackBack URL: http://www.kcet.org/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/11810