A big picture look at the region:
- The nation's busiest port is getting busier, it would appear. Port officials say they've had "a record-setting year for exports, buoyed by an all-time monthly high of goods shipped overseas in November," according to the Daily Breeze's Art Marroquin.
- Free college textbooks in California? Two bills that are planned to be introduced in the next legislative session aim just for that, according to Liz Dwyer at GOOD.
- While on Dwyer's work, another worthy read is a piece from earlier this month: Why the Tech Workforce of the Future Is Coming From South Los Angeles.
- Patch finally goes Latino in California with three new neighborhood sites in Baldwin Hills, South Gate and Lynwood. Kevin Roderick at LA Observed has the memo.
- D.C.-based Writer Paige L. Hill talks about being from Bakersfield over on Zócalo: "It's a city where in the same breath its residents will knowingly laugh and admit it is no cultural rival of San Francisco--and then fiercely defend it for what it is."
TrackBack URL: http://www.kcet.org/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/11789