- About KCET
POSITION TITLE: Associate Producer
DEPARTMENT: Content Development & Production
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Production
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development Opportunities
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Associate Producer to join our organization. If you are an experienced Associate Producer, with creative flair, knowledge of field production, and familiarity with digital platforms, then send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Associate Producer assists the Producer in the creation of smart, original content for multiple distribution channels—on broadcast and digital platforms—with a heavy emphasis on unscripted video production, as well as occasional studio production.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to work collaboratively on high-quality digital video productions. They excel in working in a fast-paced environment and are excellent collaborators with rigorous attention to detail and organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Producer on their assigned show/project(s).
- Manage day to day production tasks on assigned show/project(s) as directed by the Producer
- Continuously monitor the status of their show/project(s) using Production Department collaborative tools: Google calendars, Google drive (Google docs and sheets), the Producer Checklist, etc.
- Assist in communication with Co-Production Companies
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals.
- Attend meetings and events as requested, including evenings and weekends.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree; film, television, media or related field preferred.
- 2-3 year’s experience producing high quality video content, particularly the production, pre-production and post-production of long form documentary, episodic series and/or digital programming.
- Advanced knowledge of documentary field production processes
- Advanced knowledge of digital film/video post-production processes
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to multi-task with accuracy and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.