Business Intelligence Analyst | KCET
Business Intelligence Analyst
POSITION TITLE: Business Intelligence Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communication
REPORTS TO: Director, Marketing Operations and Business Intelligence
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Burbank or Costa Mesa
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a personable and highly analytical professional to join our growing business intelligence team! If you enjoy finding stories in complex data and analyzing data needs for organizations, then send your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels — KCET and PBS SoCal — are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for ensuring data about our audience is reported accurately and closely aligned to specific business needs. They will serve as an organizational resource to identify, understand, and meet the analytical needs for linear and digital platforms by providing user-friendly data that helps guide organizational decisions. This role will also analyze both quantitative data to better understand and improve promotional campaign effectiveness.
- Curate audience reports, across linear, digital, email and social metrics, for all staff
- Curate, evaluate, and translate PMBS national data including OTT, PBS app, and pbs.org localized reports
- Pull past content performance on linear and digital analytics to influence bench marking goals for integrated marketing plans
- Manage ad hoc reporting requests and compile requested data into comprehensive narrative
- Develop and maintain functional dashboards to help teams and leaders across the organization the ability to access data quickly
- Create and maintain an archival process for all data and past analytics
- Compile and organize wrap reports that analyze outcomes of marketing campaigns
- Analyze performance of advertising efforts on digital ads, Google, social, and email
- Develop strategies to amplify promotional reach, including building program affinities list and tracking user trends in digital ads
- Serve as the liaison between marketing and digital to develop the tools needed to evaluate the website user experience, behavior, trends, and performance tracking to achieve organizational objectives
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5+ years of marketing, analytics, entertainment or related experience
- Experience with Nielsen products (including Arianna, NLTV, and/or Scarborough)
- Proficient with Google Analytics and comScore
- Experience with Google Tag Manager
- Experience working with marketing, digital ads, and social media data (Google Ads, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Adobe Analytics/Omniture)
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and visualization software, like Google Data Studio, Tableau, MicrosoftBI
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google Suite (Docs, Drive, Sheets, calendars, etc.)
- Excellent data presentation skills and the ability to succinctly summarize key findings and effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines at once and effectively prioritize work
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with a passion for accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal clients
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaborate with associates and contributors across the organization
- Skilled in finding efficient ways to streamline and simplify generating reports
- Must be up-to-date on emerging and current technologies, reading industry trade publications and open to professional development
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.