Data Analyst | KCET
POSITION TITLE: Data Analyst
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Advancement
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development Opportunities
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented professional to join our organization. If you enjoy performing data analytics, working with database systems, and producing reports, then send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Advancement, the Data Analyst will support Major Gift Officers, and Institutional Giving, Major & Planned Giving, and Special Events efforts by entering transactions, producing and presenting reports, researching prospects, and collaborating with other departments, including Membership and Finance, to reconcile transactions.
- Enter daily advancement financial transactions/batches in database and verify data quality
- Manage and maintain constituent data
- Act as liaison between the Finance, Membership, and Advancement departments to solve problems
- Design, run and write queries to retrieve financial data from database
- Generate monthly major donor, board member, institutional and planned giving, and ad-hoc reports, and present results monthly to the Advancement team.
- Create weekly Leadership Circle and Foundation revenue recognition reports
- Make bi-monthly Revenue to Goal reports at Advancement Department meetings
- Work with Chair of the Advancement Committee to create reports as requested.
Prospect & Donor Research
- Identify, interpret, and present donor giving trends and future projections
- Using iWave and Relationship Science, research donor giving capacity and participate in strategy conversations
- As requested
- 2+ years of CRM system experience or equivalent experience and an understanding of database concepts and application.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud products: RENXT, Luminate Online, Financial Edge
- Demonstrate problem-solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of Public Media Group of Southern California
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com