Development Services Representative | KCET
Development Services Representative
telephone inquiries (inbound/outbound) related to donor services and
programming. Handle written
correspondence, as it relates to donations and programming. Will handle all donation processing
functions. Assist the Department Directors with collection and data entry
processing of donation and programming data statistics.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Handle inbound calls pertaining to donor services
and programming inquiries, generate donor revenue through telephone
solicitations and upsell techniques, respond to and follow up on phone
inquiries by sending written correspondence, if and when applicable.
- Update and maintain accurate records in all donor
databases, including new constituents, adding detailed notes, coding, etc.
- Will respond to various forms of written
correspondence (i.e. emails, letters, executive mail, etc.).
- Responsible for all donation processing
functions including but not limited to keying check / payment card
donations, CARS, matching gift and foundation entries, third-party file
batch uploads (telemarketing, online, call center vendor files.
- Process and perform data entry of all mail
- Will respond to online donation and programming
- Retrieve and respond to incoming donor requests by
- Act as department liaison to Directors by reporting
statistics and daily workflow matters.
- Handle Inbound Call Center customer service
- Handle fundraising drive projects.
- Generate reports and/or queries as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned (for Link TV and/or
- Must have 2 or more years of customer service
experience, preferably with a service oriented company and or a public
relations background; Liberal Arts college courses are highly desirable.
- Must be extremely well organized with attention to
detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Highly computer literate (Internet/web
resources/e-mail) with excellent PC skills using Microsoft Windows (Word,
Excel), and database management, as well as strong typing skills. Must be
proficient with Raiser's Edge.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; must be a team
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and
written; a broad vocabulary (ability to communicate well with general
public and staff members); must articulate program information in a clear
and concise manner to our viewers and to the public.
- Excellent disposition; friendly, courteous, polite,
tactful and a great listener. Must be able to deal effectively with
difficult and irate callers, and work well under pressure
sense of ethics and the ability to practice discretion in handling sensitive
and/or confidential information.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Experience working with media, international issues
- Aptitude for working in a diverse environment;
ability to interact with a wide variety of constituencies successfully.
to solve problems by thinking through issues, conducting research and proposing
to work independently and as part of a team.
to work occasional evenings and/or weekends, as required
Must be able
to perform the essential functions of the position with or without
reports to the Executive Director, Member & Viewer Services and the
Executive Director, Membership Marketing Operations. To
apply submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or
mail to KCETLink, 2900 W Alameda Avenue, Ste. 600, Burbank, CA 91505.
minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to
apply." EOE Employer