Digital Production Intern | KCET
Digital Production Intern
POSITION TITLE: Digital Production Intern
DEPARTMENT: Production and Content
REPORTS TO: Director, Digital Content
STATUS: Paid Internship, Full-Time
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented intern with a passion for public media to join the Production and Content team. If you enjoy digital media, programming, and multimedia content, then send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Digital Production Intern will work with the digital and production departments to produce digital content to support PMGSC’s 2020 Fall programs including Lost LA, Beloved California, and 2020 election coverage. The intern will work in a fast-paced highly creative team setting to produce original digital content that both supports and expands PMGSC’s objective to engage public innovative, entertaining and transformative ways.
- Connect through digital media through websites and social media
- Navigate through content generators such as Buzzfeed, Vox, and Tastemade.
- Assist with creating and developing online content and strategies.
- Attend daily digital content meetings and weekly content reviews with digital teams.
- Meet daily with producers and teams to review progress of productions and discuss any ongoing production issues
- Review digital analytics and track traffic goals for all of PMGSC’s original content programming.
- Attend project meetings with stakeholders and other departments as required.
- Works with groups and teams to share ideas in team meetings.
- Organize calendars through Google Drive
- Communicate clearly and have the ability to work collaboratively.
- Off-site work if necessary
- College Student (currently enrolled, undergraduate 2 or 4-year and community college student)
- Video production and/or documentary experience is ideal, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.