Education Grant Writer | KCET
Education Grant Writer
POSITION TITLE: Education Grant Writer
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Institutional Giving
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities.
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Education Grant Writer to join our growing organization. If you are an experienced grant writer with a great understanding of non- profit management, knowledge of early learning education, and detail-orientated, then send your cover letter, resume, and a sample grant proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
This full-time, non-exempt position is based in Burbank, CA and reports to the Associate Director of Institutional Giving. The Education Grant Writer is responsible for institutional fundraising through grant research, writing, and reporting, with a focus on fundraising for Public Media Group of Southern California’s community-based and on–air educational programs. The ideal candidate has the ability to work collaboratively with team members of the advancement team. They are nimble, organized, flexible, and familiar with local and regional educational initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Conduct the full range of activities required to submit grant proposals and reports to institutional funders (e.g. foundation, corporate, and government grant makers).
- Prepare supplementary attachments for submissions, including budgets, program timelines, biographies, visual aids, and associated materials.
- Attend non-standing meetings with Education and Engagement teams, individual program managers, and additional staff members as needed.
- Prospect research for new grant opportunities that align with PMGSC’s educational priorities.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships within the philanthropic educational giving community
- Travel between offices.
- Maintain current records in database and files
- Attend Advancement department and organizational meetings
- Assist with other institutional giving team fundraising efforts, as requested.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
- Minimum of two years of experience with foundation, corporate, and government grant writing.
- Minimum of two years of fundraising experience in the educational field (preferred)
- Existing relationships with regional and national education funders (preferred)
- Experience in the early learning educational field in Southern California (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and sample grant proposal to email@example.com.