Email Marketing Manager | KCET
Email Marketing Manager
POSITION TITLE: Email Marketing Manager
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Marketing Operations & Business Intelligence
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development Opportunities
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Email Marketing Manager to join our organization. If you are detail oriented, highly organized, collaborative, and proficient with email management, then send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for developing an organization-wide email strategy to optimize engagement with our content and shows. This includes coordinating with necessary departments to maintain calendars, voice, technical standards and procedures, and to produce measurable impact toward organizational performance indicators.
- Manages master newsletter calendar
- Manages newsletter processes & practices and maintains documentation
- Reviews newsletter performance/metrics and provides insights
- Manages newsletter lists and marketing segmentation
- Leads email marketing experiments to improve targeted campaigns
- Reviews email content/curation/workflows and weighs priorities
- “Builds” & schedules emails
- Curates email content and writes supporting copy
- Improves email signup/on-boarding processes, welcome series
- Manages internal requests for newsletter placements, new emails
- Works with Creative Services & Digital to fulfill template needs & creative asks
- Serves as an in-house expert of email tools
- Monitors and optimizes communication between email tool, CRM, & data warehouse
- Maintains point of contact with email tool vendor
- Other duties assigned
- Experience with email marketing tools (Mailchimp, Iterable, etc.)
- Experience working with CRMs
- Proficient in understanding email metrics and communicating
- Knowledge of email marketing trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google Suite (Docs, Drive, Sheets, calendars, etc.)
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines at once and effectively prioritize work
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to use HTML to manipulate email templates
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaborate with associates and contributors across the organization
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science or related field preferred
- 3-5+ years of email marketing, digital advertising, analytics, or related experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.