HR Manager | KCET
POSITION TITLE: HR Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Human Resources
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Burbank, CA (with frequent travel to Costa Mesa, CA)
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented HR Professional to join our small and mighty team! If you are someone who is looking to grown your HR Career, enjoys solving problems, thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, is forward facing and enjoys engaging with staff, then send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of various HR functions and employee services including: Recruitment and Onboarding, Benefits Administration, Data Management, Performance Management, Training & Professional Development, Safety, Compliance, Employee Engagement and other more. The HR Manager will serve as backup to the Senior Director, Human Resources and as a resource to staff and managers.
PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES Recruitment and Onboarding
- Manage recruitment and onboarding effort for staff, interns and temporary employees including: job description creation and maintenance, creation and posting of job ads, review of resumes, conducting phone screens, coordination of interviews, and administer New Hire Orientation
- Manage the separation process for all employees including the timely completion of all required employment and benefit paperwork and the facilitation of separation meetings and exit interviews
Benefit Administration & Data Management
- Administers leaves of absences process in accordance with all applicable regulations, laws, and company policies.
- Provide accurate and timely benefit administration including: claims resolutions, invoice reconciliation, change reporting, and support open enrollment and EAPs
- Responsible for ensuring accurate data/records in the payroll processing system and in-house file management
- Assist managers and staff in the resolution and proactive management of employee relations matters and development
- Oversee the Performance Management Process ensuring effective coaching, proper documentation and timely follow up
Training & Professional Development
- Assist in the administration of the company Training Program
- Manage the company’s Professional Development Program
Safety & Compliance
- Provide recommendations to the Senior Director, Human Resources concerning company policies and practices in effort to limit or prevent liability
- Assist with safety compliance and emergency preparedness including: staff communication/notification, completing initial worker’s compensation reports/ filing worker’s compensation claims/, serve as a member of the safety committee, etc.
- Assist the Senior Director, Human Resources with creating a progressive and appealing work environment through team building activities, employee events, and workplace amenities
- Coordinate recognition programs and assist with celebrations and tracking of milestones and successes
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years’ of progressive HR generalist experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Related Field (preferred) PHR or SHRM (preferred)
- Professional demeanor
- Strong sense of morals and ethics
- Confidence and ability to make good independent decisions
- Willingness to be flexible in a growing and changing environment
- Effective verbal and non- verbal communication skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Public Media experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.