Plan to Rescan! | KCET
Plan to Rescan!
Plan to Rescan!
On April 23, 2018, KCET is making some changes that require us to recalibrate our channels. If you watch KCET HD, 28.2 (KCETLink), or 28.4 (NHK World Japan) over-the-air – meaning you have a digital TV antenna plugged into your TV – then you will need to rescan the channels on your television any time after 11:59 PM on April 22 to receive our signal.
After you rescan, NHK World Japan will be on 28.3 instead of 28.4.
Note: cable or satellite subscribers shouldn't need to do anything. Your provider should have done the rescan for you. If KCET is not showing up after April 23, please call your provider.
Basic steps to rescan your TV channels
While each television is a little different, here are the basic steps to take to rescan available channels on your TV to ensure you are still receiving KCET:
- Make sure you have a dual-band (UHF/VHF) digital antenna connected to your TV
- Select the MENU button on your television’s remote control
- Select “Channel Setup” (or similar option)
- Select “Antenna” and/or “Air”
- Select “New Scan” (or similar option)
That’s it! This process should take about 5-10 minutes and then you should be able to receive all three of KCET’s channels: KCET HD (28.1), KCETLink (28.2) and NHK World Japan (28.3).
You can also follow the steps for your specific TV in your owner’s manual. We have provided some of the top television manufacturers’ information on how to perform a scan through the links below.
- Instructions for the Sony Bravia
- From Toshiba's verified YouTube account
- From Vizio's YouTube account
- Instructions for the Panasonic Viera
- The third FAQ talks about auto-tuning for channels that are not coming up.
- Channel Master
- Dish Network DTVPAL
- Insignia NS-DXA1-APT
- Magnavox TB100MW9
- Zenith DTT901
If you live outside the Southern California area, this is where to find us:
- San Luis Obispo - Channel 16
- Santa Barbara (North to Santa Maria) - Channel 28
- Santa Barbara (Downtown SB to Montecito) - Channel 26
- Bakersfield - Channel 46
- Victorville - Channel 47
- Palm Springs/Palm Desert - Channel 35