Producer (Multimedia) | KCET
JOB TITLE: PRODUCER (MULTIMEDIA)
DEPARTMENT: CONTENT DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION
The Multimedia Producer will develop and produce smart, original content for KCETLink’s multiple distribution channels, on broadcast and digital platforms, with a heavy emphasis on unscripted format video, as well as studio production. The ideal candidate should be a digitally literate, socially savvy producer who has the ability to source ideas and execute high-quality stories.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Oversee all staff and contractors who work on various shows, provide daily supervision for segment producers, editors and editorial staff Create production budgets and monitor expenses to stay within budgets
- Identify freelance staff to work on episode production
- Develop a network of scientific advisors and environmental organizations to help with story development and to review work in progress as appropriate
- Work closely with KCETLink development staff on fundraising for the series
- Continuously monitor all projects in progress with regard to time lines, budgets, update meetings, etc.
- Explore ways of producing unscripted format TV as well as studio productions
- Work closely with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals
- Attend meetings and events as requested, including evenings and weekends
- Performs other duties as requested
- BA/BS in related field. Current experience as a producer of programs on environmental issues, with credits on unscripted productions. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in television management, particularly the production, pre-production and post-production of long form documentary, episodic series and/or digital programming.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficient with video editing software.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to multi-task with accuracy and to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Qualified applicants may submit both a resume, a cover letter to: HR@KCET.org
KCETLink is dedicated to the continuous cultivation of a diverse workplace. Our creative atmosphere promotes respect for all individuals regardless of race, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, medical condition or veteran status. KCETLink is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.