Promotion Producer / Editor | KCET
Promotion Producer / Editor
POSITION TITLE: Promotion Producer / Editor
DEPARTMENT: Creative Services
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Creative and Brand Services
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities.
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Promotion Producer/ Editor to join our growing organization. If you are dedicated, flexible, resourceful and great at collaborating, then send your cover letter and resume to today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Promotions Producer / Editor will write, produce and edit creative and effective content for use on-air, social and web platforms, including station image campaigns, branding spots, episodic promos, on-air, social and on-line topical promotions, one-off specials, sizzle reels and other in-house video projects that maintain and increase audience and market share for PMGSC and its channel brands PBS SoCal, KCET and Link TV.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Conceptualizes and produces engaging and effective promotional spots from brief through final delivery to broadcast/ web operations
- Directs and coordinates voice-over artists and on-air talent and crew
- Produces interview and b-roll shoots
- Develops and produces special presentations, preview reels, radio spots as well as spots for membership, marketing, sales and digital
- Directs online editors and ensures final projects are approved by Director of Creative Services and project stakeholders
- Adheres to quality standards, procedures, and style guides in all work deliverables
- Media manages projects to ensure appropriate media is stored or purged appropriately
- Provides strategic input on promotional positioning based on audience, company mission, short/ long term goals
- Juggles multiple requests and priorities in fast-paced production environment
- Confers with Director of Creative Services to ensure deadlines are met and strategy and creative is on target
- Strong Avid skills
,with good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Technical skills with understanding of video codecs, sequence and export settings and video delivery workflows.
- Leadership skills, marketing skills, brand management and innovative ideas
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; Communications or related field preferred
- 5+ years of editorial / writing experience for a broadcast or cable television network, movie trailer house or an ad agency
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.