Sr. Major Gifts Officer | KCET
Sr. Major Gifts Officer
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Major Gifts Officer
REPORTS TO: VP, Advancement
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Orange County, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California is looking for a talented fundraising professional to join our growing organization. If you have a track record of cultivating relationships with prospective donors, being a change agent for an organization and effectively collaborating with a team, then send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, the Senior Major Gift officer will cultivate relationships with current and prospective donors to increase their involvement and support of PBS SoCal and KCET’s services and the mission of Public Media Group of Southern California.
- Manage and develop a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects and donors
- Responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors in support of KCET and PBS SoCal’s individual programs and combined mission.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a stewardship program
- Attend and assist with all fundraising activities and events.
Donor Strategy and Planning
- Develop and implement donor strategies
- Collaborate with other MGO on the development of strategies
- Actively participate in weekly MGO meetings and strategy sessions
- Work with stewardship staff to create best practices
- Experience in major donor cultivation and solicitation
- Understanding of and commitment to the Orange County community
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, discretion and compliance with the Public Media Group of Southern California and AFP ethics policies and standards
- Successful track record of developing strong cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage projects
- Technologically savvy, fluent use of business software systems including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and fundraising CRMs.
- Experience in prospect research techniques and resources
- Highly organized and motivated
- Proven ability to collaborate with other MGO’s and organizational staff
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; Legal, finance, business administration or related field preferred
- 5+ years of direct fundraising experience – specifically major and planned gifts
- A passion for Public Media
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.