Web Content Coordinator | KCET
Web Content Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Web Content Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Education and Engagement
CLASSIFICATION: Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Engagement
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a knowledgeable Web Content Coordinator to join our organization. If you are familiar with web content coordination, internet savvy, and have an understanding of digital content, then send your resume to email@example.com today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Web Content Coordinator will support the uploading of media-based lesson plans to the PBS educational resource site, PBS LearningMedia.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities are:
- Work in partnership with PBS SoCal | KCET Engagement staff to organize and upload multi-media assets to PBS LearningMedia.
- Learn and understand administration of the PBS LearningMedia platform, as well as the goals of PBS SoCal | KCET’s educational resource projects.
- Collaboration with PBS SoCal | KCET Digital staff to gather necessary assets for upload.
- Accurately input metadata into the PBS LearningMedia platform
- Perform other duties as requested
- 1 year of experience with website management/content management systems (i.e. WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Able to quickly learn and understand website management platform and requirements
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience writing for audience
- Interest and/or experience working in education spaces
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.