California Results Cheat Sheet: What Propositions Won, Lost? | KCET
California Results Cheat Sheet: What Propositions Won, Lost?
The numbers have come in for California's 11 propositions and those races have been called -- at least by major media organizations. Here's what they're saying:
- Prop 30, Jerry Brown's tax, succeeded, according to AP.
- Prop 31, which sought state government reforms, failed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Prop 32, which would have affected union donations to political campaigns, failed, according to AP.
- Prop 33, the auto insurance initiative, failed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Prop 34, which sought to repeal the Death Penalty, failed, per AP.
- Prop 35, the human trafficking measure passes, according to AP.
- Prop 36, which makes changes to California's three strikes law passes, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 37 to require labeling of some foods that carry GMOs lost, according to AP.
- Prop 38, which sought to raises taxes to fund education, fails, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 39, which changes how multi-state businesses are taxed on sales, passes, according to the SacBee.
- Prop 40, which keeps State Senate maps redrawn by a citizens commission, passes, according to AP.
For live and updated results from KCET, click here.
A new collection of essays builds an archive of radical, transnational and multiracial people in greater El Monte.
Judith Baca’s mural work asks tough questions about public art and what role it plays in a multicultural society. These seven books illuminate the intersection between Baca’s work, public histories and art practice.
This photographer is taking portraits of people wounded from police brutality during Black Lives Matter protests. The powerful images are a form of testimony.
In response to the closure of their physical spaces, L.A. art galleries have embraced online exhibitions to an unprecedented degree. This transition has changed the way they present artworks and unexpectedly, how they relate to one another.
- 1 of 311
- next ›