TTLA Book Club | KCET
TTLA Book Club
From tanks local and national, a handful of recent books and reports available for purchase -- or in most cases, as complimentary downloads -- include:
- The World's Water 2008-2009 (Pacific Institute)
- Science Next: Innovation for the Common Good (Center for American Progress)
- Sustaining Global Surveillance and Response to Emerging Zoonotic Diseases (National Academies of Science)
- Withdrawing from Iraq: Alternative Schedules, Associated Risks, and Mitigating Strategies (RAND)
- Full-Day Kindergarten in California: Lessons from Los Angeles(Public Policy Institute of California)
- China's Emerging Financial Markets (MIlken Institute)
- The Road Ahead for the Fed (Hoover Institute)
Here are a few programs and articles we recommend to help center your Thanksgiving celebration on honoring and amplifying Native stories, seeking truth about our history, and acknowledging Indigenous presence and wisdom.
Here’s where to find five of L.A.’s most scenic bridge crossings — and why they’re fascinating destinations in their own right.
Children whose educations have been disrupted by the pandemic may suffer life-long consequences, including shorter life spans, according to a study released today by the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health.
Many artists find work has dried up due to COVID-19, but it doesn’t mean you have to stop working entirely. Several artists and people who work with artists share their best tips on things to do when work is slow.
- 1 of 398
- next ›