TTLA Book Club | KCET
TTLA Book Club
From tanks local and national, a handful of recent books and reports available for purchase -- or in most cases, as complimentary downloads -- include:
- The World's Water 2008-2009 (Pacific Institute)
- Science Next: Innovation for the Common Good (Center for American Progress)
- Sustaining Global Surveillance and Response to Emerging Zoonotic Diseases (National Academies of Science)
- Withdrawing from Iraq: Alternative Schedules, Associated Risks, and Mitigating Strategies (RAND)
- Full-Day Kindergarten in California: Lessons from Los Angeles(Public Policy Institute of California)
- China's Emerging Financial Markets (MIlken Institute)
- The Road Ahead for the Fed (Hoover Institute)
Driven by concerns about climate change, racism and healthcare, students are more mobilized around the November election than they were in 2018 or 2016 — despite the pandemic.
Impulsados por las preocupaciones sobre el cambio climático, el racismo y la atención sanitaria, los estudiantes se movilizan más en torno a las elecciones de noviembre de lo que lo hicieron en 2018 o 2016 — a pesar de la pandemia.
KCET and PBS SoCal are airing special programming throughout the month of November to honor Native American culture, ancestry and traditions.
Tech is a double-edged sword. It can help us feel connected but keeps us doom scrolling well past our bedtimes and spreading disinformation like wildfire. But does it have to be this way? Ramesh Srinivasan doesn't think so.
- 1 of 381
- next ›