TTLA Book Club | KCET
TTLA Book Club
From tanks local and national, a handful of recent books and reports available for purchase -- or in most cases, as complimentary downloads -- include:
- The World's Water 2008-2009 (Pacific Institute)
- Science Next: Innovation for the Common Good (Center for American Progress)
- Sustaining Global Surveillance and Response to Emerging Zoonotic Diseases (National Academies of Science)
- Withdrawing from Iraq: Alternative Schedules, Associated Risks, and Mitigating Strategies (RAND)
- Full-Day Kindergarten in California: Lessons from Los Angeles(Public Policy Institute of California)
- China's Emerging Financial Markets (MIlken Institute)
- The Road Ahead for the Fed (Hoover Institute)
To celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, PBS SoCal and KCET are airing a slate of special programs in September and October. Each film or show spotlights Hispanic and Latino narratives and legacies in the United States.
Access to clean water for drinking and household use remains a challenge in places as far apart as Mumbai, India and rural communities in West Virginia.
From Japanese katsu sandos to Tijuana-style tacos and Hong Kong buns, here are some purveyors from Smorgasburg’s lineup that will help you relish the last days of summer.
John Williams' relationship with the orchestra began a long time ago, in a venue not too far away.
- 1 of 354
- next ›