TTLA Book Club | KCET
TTLA Book Club
From tanks local and national, a handful of recent books and reports available for purchase -- or in most cases, as complimentary downloads -- include:
- The World's Water 2008-2009 (Pacific Institute)
- Science Next: Innovation for the Common Good (Center for American Progress)
- Sustaining Global Surveillance and Response to Emerging Zoonotic Diseases (National Academies of Science)
- Withdrawing from Iraq: Alternative Schedules, Associated Risks, and Mitigating Strategies (RAND)
- Full-Day Kindergarten in California: Lessons from Los Angeles(Public Policy Institute of California)
- China's Emerging Financial Markets (MIlken Institute)
- The Road Ahead for the Fed (Hoover Institute)
In this op-ed, a first-time voter and Bernie Sanders delegate at the D.N.C. says young people must push the Democratic Party to prioritize the climate emergency.
The burgeoning youth climate movement is poised to help create a new Democratic coalition that centers climate policy and pushes the party to take bold action.
Sneak into The Autry's galleries to catch an intimate acoustic performance by Guatemalan American singer-songwriter Gaby Moreno as part of the museum's "Best of Los Angeles" series.
Black voters could in many ways be the decisive eco-voters of the most high stakes election in American history.