TTLA Book Club | KCET
TTLA Book Club
From tanks local and national, a handful of recent books and reports available for purchase -- or in most cases, as complimentary downloads -- include:
- The World's Water 2008-2009 (Pacific Institute)
- Science Next: Innovation for the Common Good (Center for American Progress)
- Sustaining Global Surveillance and Response to Emerging Zoonotic Diseases (National Academies of Science)
- Withdrawing from Iraq: Alternative Schedules, Associated Risks, and Mitigating Strategies (RAND)
- Full-Day Kindergarten in California: Lessons from Los Angeles(Public Policy Institute of California)
- China's Emerging Financial Markets (MIlken Institute)
- The Road Ahead for the Fed (Hoover Institute)
Based in the Peruvian Amazon, Chaikuni Institute blends an Indigenous agricultural practice known as chacras integrales with agroforestry, a permaculture method from Brazil.
Los Angeles County reported more than 5,000 new COVID-19 infections Nov. 19, the highest daily number since the pandemic's start. The county's health officer warned that if the surge persists, a strict stay-at-home order could be in place by next week.
Take a break to sway and move to Puerto Rican Bomba music, courtesy of SoCal’s Taller Bula, in this performance filmed at the Lodge Room in Highland Park.
This December, KCET and PBS SoCal will celebrate the holiday season with a festive array of special programming! Enjoy lively musical performances and seasonal specials set to provide viewers an opportunity to come together over the holiday season.