Los Angeles food blogger Gaby Dalkin is in love with avocados: so much so that she wrote a whole book about them. Absolutely Avocados is her love letter to the beautiful green fruit, full of recipes for using them in delicious new ways. Here, she spruced up some guacamole with another very California ingredient. Enjoy!
Goat Cheese Guacamole
- 3 Hass avocados
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh in a bowl.
Add the goat cheese, chives, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Serve immediately with tortilla chips.